Friday 17 October 2008

A Cat's view on Global Warming



Hello, my name is Mimi and I have strong views on many things. However, I only express these views to my human, who we shall call "John". I asked him to set up a blog for me and to translate into English and post for me on my very own blog on this thing humans read on their funny boxes with screens called "the internet". Here is a picture of an "internet" so you know how to recognise one if you ever come across it. I have been told it is safe!

A word on Global warming. There are cats like me (not quite as beautiful and intelligent as Siamese cats like me, but fellow cats nonetheless) all around the globe and we have very strong views on warm and cold. It is about time one of our number spoke out on this very important issue. Warm is good, cold is bad, given the chance I sit on the radiator when it is on full, I would not sit in the fridge. I believe a warmer world is a good thing not bad, a cold world such as during an ice age is obviously very very bad for cat comfort. Humans can control the temperature to some extent within their buildings but outside, I do not believe this is possible. I know that at one time, my human, who we shall call "John" was very worried about global warming. John is a scientist by profession and understands these things and in the 1980's, before I was born -John had heard of global warming, that it could do bad things (how is warm bad??- no sense there to a cat). John had heard that global warming was caused by humans just by heating their houses and driving their cars giving off CO2. This did not seem likely to me, and anyway, we cats like the warmth. However, John was worried by this until one day.......

One day he was watching an astronomy programme on the television called "The Sky at Night". It was very interesting. Patrick Moore, the shows presenter was interviewing a solar scientist (possibly Sam Solanki) about the sun. John was surprised to hear this scientist say that he did not believe in global warming was caused by humans and their CO2 and that he believed the sun was the cause. This makes sense to me as a cat. I have lain outside under the sun many times and when it is out from hiding behind the clouds, it warms my fur and is very very nice. However, CO2 has never warmed me up, humans only warm me if I sit on their lap or lie in bed under the covers with a big warm human, their CO2 does not heat me up. So humans, please stop being silly, you are not big and clever enough to heat the world up by your CO2, it is the sun, the clouds, the universe and nature doing this heating and cooling of the earth. I have noticed the sun is less warm this year than it has been, the earth is cooling now and will continue to do so regardless of human CO2. Enjoy the warmth while you can get it! It will not last!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice theory on CO2, would explain a lot.

Climate Theorist